With electrical wires running through the walls and ceilings of your home, you might not be aware of an issue before it causes larger problems in your house. To ensure there aren’t problems with your wiring and your home is as safe as possible, schedule an electrical safety inspection with an experienced electrician at Premier Service Company, Inc. A family-owned company, we proudly serve the Tuscaloosa, AL area.
Add ambiance to a room in your home by adding new indoor lighting fixtures. Contact us to learn about our services!
What Electricians Check During a Whole House Safety Inspection?
Issues with your home’s wiring system can pose hidden dangers to your family. To protect your entire household, it’s important to schedule a whole house safety inspection. During these appointments, you can expect an electrician to perform the following tasks:
- Check the light bulbs to ensure the wattage is correct.
- Examine the outlets to check their condition and prevent electrocution risks.
- Inspect smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they’re fully functioning.
- Ensure surge protectors are fully functioning.
- Check outdoor lighting and electrical components to make sure they work as expected.
Benefits of Whole House Safety Inspections
Having a whole house safety inspection performed can offer many benefits for your family. While you might think your wiring and circuit breakers are functioning properly, there could be problems you can’t see that can cause larger issues later.
Some of the advantages of having an electrician perform a whole house electrical inspection can include:
- Making sure electrical components are working properly and are up-to-date.
- Finding and identifying outdated or damaged wiring.
- Identifying potential fire hazards.
- Looking for potential issues in a new home.
- Finding ways to save energy and electrical costs.
Are there burn marks on your electrical outlets? Ask us about our outlet repair and replacement services.
When to Schedule Electrical Inspections?
To keep your home safe, it’s important to schedule regular electrical inspections to identify potential issues before they become larger problems. Inspections should be scheduled to:
- Identify electrical issues before buying a new home or property.
- Make sure the electrical system can handle a new appliance before it’s installed.
- Identify items that need to be replaced in a home that’s older than 40 years old.
- Make sure the electrical system can handle a major house renovation.