Installing a new lighting feature to your home can provide a quick way to add ambiance and new decor. When you need a professional to install new lights in your property, call Premier Service Company, Inc. to have our trusted electricians do the job. A family-owned business, we’ve been providing services to the Tuscaloosa, AL area since 1992.
Did you know outdoor lighting does more than add ambiance to your yard? It can also provide security to help prevent falls and deter intruders from entering your property. Call us to learn more about our services!
Why You Should Install LED Lighting?
If you’ve gone to buy light bulbs recently, you’ve likely noticed the lack of incandescent bulbs and the surplus of LED light bulbs. That’s because LED bulbs can offer cost savings and other benefits, such as:
- More energy-efficient: LED light bulbs use less power than incandescent bulbs, resulting in lower energy bills.
- Last Longer: LED bulbs have a longer lifespan than incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, meaning you have to replace them less often.
- Safer: LED bulbs are safer than other bulbs because they don’t generate as much heat.
- Environmentally friendly: LEDs are safer for the environment than other bulbs because they are made of non-toxic materials.
- More variety: LEDs come in different colors to give you more options.
Differences Between Track Lighting and Recessed Lighting
You have many options when installing lighting in your home. Two types of lights are track lighting and recessed lighting. Some of the benefits of each include:
- They take up less visual space, which can make rooms feel larger.
- They don’t hang down, which can benefit rooms with low ceilings.
- They can be focused on a specific item or area of a room, like a piece of artwork, furniture or other items.
- They are waterproof, which can make them ideal for rooms near water.
- You can use a variety of lightbulbs - and different colors - to add more variety to a room.
- They are easier to install than other lighting options as they are mounted onto the ceiling surface, resulting in a non-invasive installation.
- They come in many varieties, giving you flexibility in selecting the right feature for your home.
- Similar to recessed lighting, you can focus the lights on specific areas of the room you want to draw attention to.
If you notice a frayed or burnt wire, call us as soon as possible to have an electrician perform wiring repair and replacement services.
Benefits of Installing Dimmer Lights in Your Home
Are you looking for more flexibility and energy savings when lighting your home? Dimmers can be the solution. These provide several benefits, including:
- Energy savings: Dimming the lights reduces the amount of power you are using.
- Bulbs last longer: These bulbs can last longer due to the reduced stress placed on them when they are dimmed.
- Improve your sleep: Lowering the lights in the evening can mimic the sun setting, which can help you sleep better.
- Make the room more inviting: Dimmed lights can help make a room more inviting and calming with lowered lights.
- Cost-effective: Dimmers can be a cost-effective addition to your property. Talk to your electrician to see which model will work best for your home.