Electrical Services in Tuscaloosa
Electrical issues can pose dangers to your home! When you need an emergency electrical repair or installation, call us for 24-hour services in Tuscaloosa, AL.
When it comes to electrical issues in your home or building, safety should be the top priority. That’s why it’s important to have a professional, trustworthy company perform the work. When you need electrical troubleshooting or emergency electrical repairs, call Premier Service Company, Inc. When you book an appointment in the Tuscaloosa, AL area we will provide upfront pricing so there are no surprises later!
Reach out to us for the following electrical services:
- Switch/Outlet Repair & Replacement
- Breaker Panel Repair & Replacement
- Wiring Repair & Replacement
- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Whole House Generator Services
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Whole House Surge Protector
- Pool & Hot Tub Wiring
- Whole House Safety Inspection
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Commercial Electrician
Faulty wiring can pose serious risks to your home! Call us for wiring repair and replacement services.
4 Types of Electrical Emergencies
Electrical emergencies require immediate troubleshooting as they can pose a great threat to your home and your household. If one of these four electrical issues occurs you should call an emergency electrician as soon as possible to repair the issue:
- Wire won’t trip: If a wire doesn’t trip properly it can put your home at risk of electrical failure. Humming or buzzing sounds coming from the electrical breaker box can signal an issue.
- Overloaded outlet: Overusing an outlet can cause it to heat up and burn. Burn marks around the outlet can be signs of a problem.
- Persistent electrical issues: If you notice an appliance, light or electrical device suddenly stops working, seek professional help before putting yourself in danger trying to fix it.
- Power outage: If a power outage occurs outside of a storm or a widespread failure you should call a service company quickly to inspect the problem.
Install GFCI Outlets to Bring Your Outlets up to Code
If you live in an older home, you might have outlets that are not up to code. Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) are required to be installed near water in your home. These outlets are meant to help prevent fires and electrocution that can be caused by water. To keep your home and family safe, it’s important to install GFCIs in the following areas:
- Outlets in your kitchen
- Outlets in your bathroom
- Outdoor outlets
- Laundry room outlets
- Outlets in your garage
- Spa, hot tub, or pool outlets
- Any other outlets in areas that are exposed to water
Looking for a quick way to enhance your home’s curb appeal and safety? Ask us about our outdoor lighting services.
Inspect Dock Wiring to Ensure Safety
To avoid dangers around your dock, it’s important to have the wiring inspected regularly by a professional. Some tasks an electrician will perform can include:
- Check the boxes and breakers: He or she will ensure the boxes, fittings and covers are all in good condition, and replace any items that are broken or malfunctioning.
- Test GFCI breaker: The professional will use the test button on the GFCI breaker and use a plug-in GFCI tester to ensure it’s working correctly. This is important to avoid issues like fires and electrocution.
- Inspect the conduit: Make sure the conduit is intact and the joints are tight.
- Check the grounding jumpers: These should have good connections and be secure. The professional should also make sure that the power on the dock is turned off when the breakers are off.
- Test the water: An electrician can use a current-detecting device to test the water to ensure it’s safe.