Small plumbing issues can quickly create severe damage to your home or property. To avoid having these problems get larger, it’s important to schedule repairs with a plumbing company as soon as you notice an issue. Call Premier Service Company, Inc. for 24-hour emergency repairs. A family-owned company, we’ve provided services to the Samantha, AL area since 1992.
We offer the following plumbing services to the Samantha, AL area:
- Kitchen plumbing
- Bathroom remodels
- Water heater services
- Tankless water heater services
- Water main and burst pipe repair
- Water leak repair
- Gas leak detection
- Gas line repair and installation
- Drain cleaning
- Hydro jetting
Read our testimonials to learn why you should call us for your next plumbing repair.
Life Expectancy of Water Heaters
Unfortunately, no household appliance will last forever, and water heaters are no exception. While every make and model is different, hot water heaters will last an estimated 10 to 20 years if they are properly maintained. Gas-powered water heaters may have a slightly shorter life expectancy.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Toilet to Avoid a Plumbing Emergency
A clogged toilet can result in a plumbing emergency. To avoid this in your home or building, it’s important to replace your toilet before it starts to cause issues. Some signs to watch for can include:
- Age: If you have an older unit that is outdated and requires repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it with a new model.
- Cracks: Cracks may develop in the bowl and tank cover throughout wear and tear. While these might start small, they can eventually expand and cause serious water damage to your property.
- Constant clogs: If your unit is clogging often, it may be because your unit is older and is struggling to push water through the unit with enough force.
- Wear and tear: As toilets age they may develop scratches that can show stains and dirt. If this happens, you may need to replace the unit to avoid unattractive marks.
- High utility bills: If your utility bills are rising unexpectedly, it can be because your older unit uses more water to flush than newer models.
Don’t let your checking account balance delay your plumbing repairs. Contact us to learn about our financing options.
How to Avoid Clogged Drains?
To avoid showering in ankle-high water, it’s important to avoid getting clogged drains. Ways to prevent these can include:
- Avoid putting food scraps down the kitchen drain. Even if you have a garbage disposal you should scrape the food into the trash can before rinsing the dishes.
- Don’t put grease down the drain. Instead, let it cool and then throw it in the garbage.
- Keep hair out of bathroom drains by placing screens over drains in showers and tubs.
- Only flush toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular drain cleanings with a plumber.