Electric Vehicle Charging Station Services in Tuscaloosa
When you purchase an electric vehicle, you need a convenient way to charge it. Call us for electric vehicle charging station installation services in Tuscaloosa, AL.
There are many benefits to buying an electric vehicle, including saving money on fuel and helping the environment. However, you need to charge the vehicle to keep it running. The most convenient option is to install an electrical vehicle charging station in your home. Call Premier Service Company, Inc. for installations. A family-owned business, we’ve been providing services to the Tuscaloosa, AL area since 1992.
Protect your family from the silent killer of carbon monoxide. Learn about our carbon monoxide detector installation services.
Benefits of Installing an EV Charging Station at Your Property
When you buy an electric vehicle you might initially only think about the convenience of not having to purchase gas and how you’re benefiting the environment. However, you may soon realize that it can be inconvenient to find locations to charge it. One way to make charging your vehicle easier is to install an EV charging station at your house.
Some of the advantages of having a charging station at your house can include:
- Having a fast and safe charging station.
- Having a charging station available to you any time of day.
- Having a cheap solution to power your vehicle, as it can cost just pennies a day to charge your EV at home.
What You Need to Charge Electric Vehicles at Home
Installing an electric vehicle charging station at your home requires you to choose which equipment you will use – Level 1 electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) or Level 2 EVSE. An electrician can help you determine which equipment best fits your home and your vehicle.
- Level 1 EVSE: This does not require any special equipment – just an outlet to plug into and a dedicated branch circuit, making it a convenient option. Level 1 EVSE is ideal for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and EVs. This adds 2 to 5 miles of range to the vehicle for every hour of charging time.
- Level 2 EVSE: This can be less convenient to install than a Level 1 EVSE, but it can provide 10 to 60 miles of range for each hour of charging time. Because of these charges through a 240 V AC plug, it needs a dedicated electrical circuit of 20 to 100 amps. An electrician can install this, ensuring all local requirements and permits are met.
Does your pool or hot tub need wiring replaced? Learn about our pool and hot tub wiring services.
Save Money by Charging Electric Vehicle at Home
Installing an EV charging station at your home provides a convenient place for you to charge your vehicle, and it can also save you money. According to Energy.gov, drivers do more than 80 percent of their charging at home because of its convenience and cost-effectiveness. Charging at home allows drivers to take advantage of low residential electricity rates, whereas charging away from home can result in fees and wait times, according to the website.