Water damage can wreak havoc on your property, from wrecked flooring and walls to the growth of mold and mildew that can lead to health issues. To prevent this, it’s important to have any plumbing problems at your home or building repaired as soon as possible. For 24-hour plumbing services, call Premier Service Company, Inc. Our family-owned company provides emergency services to the Moundville, AL area.
Your Moundville, AL neighbors call us when they have a plumbing issue. Find out why when you read our testimonials!
We offer the following plumbing services, and more, to the Moundville AL area:
- Water main and burst pipe repair
- Water leak repair
- Water heater services
- Drain cleaning
- Tankless water heater services
- Gas leak detection
- Gas line repair and installation
- Hydro jetting
- Kitchen plumbing
- Bathroom remodels
How to Prevent Clogged Toilets?
Backed up toilets are more than an inconvenience – they are also considered a plumbing emergency. Clogged toilets can cause water and property damage, and an overflow of sewage can lead to health problems. To prevent this, use these tips to avoid toilet blockages:
- Don’t flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Don’t place big wads of toilet paper into the unit.
- Don’t flush paper towels.
- Don’t place beauty aids like Q-Tips, cotton balls and other hygienic products in the toilet.
- Don’t flush hair trimmings or nail clippings.
To reduce risks, keep a wastebasket near your toilet so that non-flushable items can be easily thrown away.
Simple Ways to Avoid Clogged Drains
Drain blockages can lead to larger plumbing issues if not treated quickly and properly. Fortunately, following these tips can help you avoid clogs:
- Avoid putting food scraps down the sink, even if you have a garbage disposal. Instead, first scrape plates into the trash.
- Don’t put grease down the drain.
- Install screens over bathroom drains to keep hair out of drains and avoid clogs.
- Only flush waste and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular drain cleanings with a professional service company.
Unexpected plumbing issues can impact your budget. Don’t stress – just ask us about our financing options.
Common Water Heater Issues
Your household and building occupants rely on hot water for convenience and day-to-day tasks. When it goes out, you need to repair the unit as soon as possible. If you notice these common issues, you should schedule an appointment with a plumber:
- Lack of hot water: One of the most common issues you might notice is a lack of hot water. This can be caused by an extinguished pilot light or a damaged heating element.
- Leaks: If you have a leak, a plumber may inspect it to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- Loud noises: Loud or strange noises coming from the appliance can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment or debris. A plumber can remove this during an inspection.