Whether you need your outlets updated to GFCI models, breaker panels repaired or whole house generators installed, call Premier Service Company, Inc. We offer 24-hour electrical services to the Samantha, AL area. A family-owned company since 1992, we have the experience to get your job done right!
We offer the following electrical services, and more, to the Samantha area:
- Indoor lighting services
- Outdoor lighting services
- Switch/outlet repair and replacement services
- Breaker panel repair and replacement services
- Wiring repair and replacement services
- Whole house generator services
- Whole house surge protector services
- Whole house safety inspections
- Smoke detector installations
- Carbon monoxide detector installations
Read our customers’ testimonials to see why they choose us for their electrical repairs and installations.
Reasons Why Circuit Breakers May Malfunction
You rely heavily on your circuit breaker to function properly to keep your electrical system working as expected. When it breaks down, it can be due to some of these more common issues:
- Bad wiring: This can cause problems ranging from minor issues like flickering lights to more major ones like complete system shutdowns.
- Too much demand on circuits: Overloading circuits can increase the risk of fire or injury.
- Short circuits: These can lead to burned wires, which can cause damage to your electronics or appliances.
- Odd noises: Noises coming from your breaker panel – like buzzing sounds – alert you to wiring problems or an overloaded breaker.
Reasons to Call a Professional to Repair Your Outlets
You might find videos on YouTube that make you think repairing your property’s electrical outlets is a DIY project. It’s not! For the safety of you and your household it’s important to call a professional to make repairs. Hiring an electrician provides the following advantages:
- Safety: Working with electricity is dangerous. Electricians have the training and expertise to perform the repairs without putting themselves, your family and your house at risk.
- Cost: Hiring a professional can be more cost-effective than attempting to make the repair yourself, especially if you make a mistake and have to later call an electrician to correct your errors.
- Complications: Electricians can troubleshoot an issue if it ends up being more complicated than originally thought.
- Peace of mind: Having a professional make the repair can give you assurances that the work was completed correctly and safely.
Are you delaying electrical repairs or installations due to financial issues? Don’t keep waiting. Contact us to ask about our financing options.
Signs Your Generator Should Be Replaced
You want to make sure your generator is functioning properly to ensure it can provide power to your house or building during the next outage. To avoid having it unexpectedly malfunction, it’s important to look for signs that can indicate your unit needs to be replaced. These can include:
- Age: The average generator is designed to last for 10,000 to 30,000 hours of use. If your unit is nearing this threshold you should consider replacing it before it fails.
- Frequent repairs: If your unit needs multiple repairs, costly fixes, or if it’s breaking down often, it can be time to replace it.
- Trouble starting: When the power goes out, generators should start up quickly. If your unit isn’t starting as expected, or is delayed, then you might need a new system.
- Increased fuel usage: If your unit starts to use more fuel than usual, it can signal it’s not operating efficiently.
- Interrupted power: If you notice interruptions in your power it can signal your system isn’t working properly.