When you need your property’s wiring updated, outlets repaired or generators installed, you need an experienced electrician to do the work. Call Premier Service Company, Inc. for 24-hour services in Northport, AL. A family-owned company, we’ve provided quality services to the area since 1992.
We offer the following electrical services, and more, to the Northport area:
- Switch/outlet repair and replacement services
- Breaker panel repair and replacement services
- Wiring repair and replacement services
- Indoor lighting services
- Outdoor lighting services
- Whole house generator services
- Whole house surge protector services
- Whole house safety inspections
- Smoke detector installations
- Carbon monoxide detector installations
Our clients trust their electrical work to our experienced contractors. Read our 5-star reviews to find out why!
Signs You Need to Replace Your Circuit Breakers
You rely on your circuit breakers to protect your home or building. That’s why when there’s a problem, it’s important to have an electrician inspect the issue as soon as possible to determine if the breakers need to be replaced.
Some signs that can indicate you need to install new circuit breakers can include:
- Breakers trip frequently! This can happen if breakers are overloaded or if they need to be upgraded.
- If your unit is older it may need to be replaced to be up-to-code.
- If the breakers are damaged an electrician should inspect them and determine if they can be repaired or if they need to be replaced.
Benefits of Installing USB Outlets
Does your household have numerous devices that need to be charged through USB cords? To avoid overrunning your outlets with numerous plugs, it can be more convenient to install USB outlets. Some of the benefits of installing these can include:
- Eliminate multiple plugs: When charging your devices you might be using all of your outlets, leaving little space for other appliances and light fixtures that need to be plugged in. Installing USB outlets can provide dedicated power sources for your devices, removing the need for power strips and freeing up your outlets.
- Eliminate adapters: It can be difficult to keep track of USB charger adapters to be able to charge devices in regular outlets. When you have USB outlets, the cord can be plugged directly into it, eliminating the need for adapters.
- Charge devices faster: Plugging devices directly into a USB outlet can charge the units faster than if you were to plug the cords into a laptop – or other device – to charge.
We understand that unexpected electrical repairs might not be in your budget right now. Don’t worry. Just call us and ask about our financing options.
How to Properly Maintain Your Standby Generator
When the power goes out during a severe Alabama storm or heatwave, you don’t want to be stuck in the dark. You want to ensure your generator works as expected to restore power to your home or building. To ensure it works when you need it most, it’s important to keep your unit properly maintained. Some maintenance work you should perform on your generator can include:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on your unit at least every two years, or after 200 hours of use.
- Provide electricians with the owner’s manual so they can refer to it while giving the unit a tune-up.
- Change the oil during your routine preventative maintenance appointments.
- Check the spark plugs each year and replace them if the existing ones look worn.
- Replace the air filter regularly.