Do your outlets need to be updated to GFCI? Are your circuit breakers tripping? Does your generator need repairs? Get these items and more repaired by Premier Service Company, Inc. A family-owned company, we provide 24-hour services in Moundville, AL.
We offer the following electrical services, and more, to the Moundville area:
- Whole house generator services
- Whole house surge protector services
- Whole house safety inspections
- Switch/outlet repair and replacement services
- Breaker panel repair and replacement services
- Wiring repair and replacement services
- Indoor lighting services
- Outdoor lighting services
- Smoke detector installations
- Carbon monoxide detector installations
When you need electrical work completed at your home or building, call us! Read our testimonials to see why others in Moundville trust us to make their repairs.
Keep Your Electrical Outlets Working Properly
Your house or building needs functioning outlets to both provide conveniences and ensure safety at your property. To ensure these are working properly, use these tips:
- Insert plugs gently into outlets to minimize the wear and tear.
- Shut appliances and lights off before unplugging them from an outlet.
- Unplug an item from an outlet by pulling on the plug, not the cord.
- Avoid overloading outlets with extension cords and multi-way plugs.
- Have your outlets inspected by an electrician to ensure they are functioning properly and are wired correctly.
Common Problems with Circuit Breakers
You need fully functioning circuit breakers to keep your home’s electrical system working as expected. If you notice issues, it’s important to call an electrician as soon as possible. Some common problems you might experience can include:
- Miswired circuits: These can cause minor issues like flickering lights to larger problems like complete electrical system shutdowns.
- Overloaded circuits: These can lead to a risk of fire or injuries.
- Short circuits: These can lead to burned wires, and can cause damage to your electronics or appliances.
- Buzzing noises: This can signal an overloaded breaker.
Are unexpected electrical repairs not in your budget right now? Ask us about our financing options.
Benefits of Installing a Whole House Generator
Your family needs electricity to perform its day-to-day tasks. So when the power goes out it’s important to restore it as soon as possible. Installing a whole house generator can help bring power to your house quickly. Some advantages of installing a unit can include:
- Increased safety and security: These emit fewer fumes than portable generators, making them safer to have on your property.
- Better functionality: These units can work for hours without pausing or quitting, and can be programmed to turn on electrical appliances you want during a blackout, like the air conditioner.
- Start automatically: The system should start after just a few minutes of losing power. It is also easier to turn on than a portable system.
- Peace of mind: Having a standby generator can provide assurances that your family and your household won’t be left in the dark in the event of a power failure.