Are your outdated outlets not up-to-code? Does your breaker panel keep tripping? Is your whole house generator not producing power during a blackout? Don’t let these issues linger – get them repaired quickly to keep your property safe. For 24-hour electrical services, call Premier Service Company, Inc. A family-owned company, we proudly provide services to Fosters, AL.
We offer the following electrical services, and more, to the Fosters area:
- Breaker panel repair and replacement services
- Wiring repair and replacement services
- Switch/outlet repair and replacement services
- Whole house generator services
- Whole house surge protector services
- Whole house safety inspections
- Indoor lighting services
- Outdoor lighting services
- Smoke detector installations
- Carbon monoxide detector installations
Do you need electrical work done at your property? Read our testimonials to learn why we are the right company to do the job.
When to Replace Your GFCI Outlets
Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) keep your home or building safe by protecting your property and its occupants from electrical shocks. It’s important to know when these outlets need to be replaced to ensure your household continues to be protected. If you notice these signs you should call an electrician to replace your outlets:
- Outlets keep tripping: If your outlet starts to trip more than usual you should test it to ensure it’s working properly. This can be done by plugging an item into the outlet and pressing the Test button. This should cause the item to turn off. Then press the Reset button to turn the item back on. If it doesn’t, then the outlet is not functioning properly and should be replaced.
- Cracked or damaged outlets: Any damaged outlets should be replaced. Cracks can expose the electrical wiring and pose potential electrical hazards, which puts your household at risk.
- Plugs slide out of outlets: As outlets age and show signs of wear and tear, connections may not fit into plugs as well as they used to. If plugs start to slide out of outlets it can be time to replace the device.
Circuit Breaker Issues That Can Require Repairs
You rely on your circuit breaker to keep the electrical systems in your home or building working properly. When you notice an issue you should have it repaired quickly to avoid any safety risks and to keep your electrical units working as expected. Some issues you might encounter that can require an electrician to repair can include:
- Miswired circuits: Bad wiring can cause issues that range from flickering lights to complete system shutdowns. Because of this, all problems should be inspected by a professional.
- Overloaded circuits: You can start a fire if you put too much demand on a circuit. Have a professional inspect the issue and devise a plan to correct it.
- Short circuits: If a hot wire makes contact with a neutral wire, it can cause the electrical charge to bypass its normal route and create a dangerous current. This can potentially lead to burned wires and can cause damage to your electronics or appliances. If you notice any symptoms of this, call an electrician to repair the issue.
- Buzzing noises: These noises should not be ignored as they can make you aware of a wiring problem or an overloaded breaker. If you hear buzzing be sure to have it inspected by a professional.
We understand that electrical repairs or installations might not be in your budget right now. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers. Contact us to learn more!
How to Properly Maintain Your Standby Generator
When severe storms hit Alabama and the power goes out, you want to make sure your family is safe. A generator can help protect your household by ensuring the lights and important appliances keep working to avoid risks like falling or tripping in dark spaces. It will also restore comfort as electronic devices and HVAC systems will keep working.
To ensure your generator works when you need it, hire an electrician to perform the following routine maintenance tasks:
- Keep the area around the generator free of debris. This can include small animals that might try to nest or make a home near it.
- Check the oil level regularly. This should be done about once a month, or after the unit has run for a long period of time.
- Change the oil and filter about every two years. This should also be done after 200 hours of operation.
- Change the air filter about once a year.
- Run the unit without producing electrical power for about 10 to 15 minutes about once a week. This will clear the fuel lines and lubricate the motor’s parts.
- Change the spark plugs, check the valves and examine the other components.