When you have an electrical issue it’s important to have it inspected and repaired by professionals. From issues that range from installing a whole-house generator to repairing a circuit breaker panel, call Premier Service Company, Inc. A family-owned company, we provide 24-hour services in Coaling, AL.
We offer the following electrical services, and more, to the Coaling area:
- Indoor lighting services
- Outdoor lighting services
- Smoke detector installations
- Carbon monoxide detector installations
- Whole house generator services
- Whole house surge protector services
- Whole house safety inspections
- Switch/outlet repair and replacement services
- Breaker panel repair and replacement services
- Wiring repair and replacement services
We stand by our quality electrical services, but don’t listen to us! Read what your Coaling neighbors are saying in our customer testimonials page.
Why You Need AFCI Devices in Your Home!
Do you have AFCI outlets in your home or building? These devices can offer benefits to your property. Alternatives to AFCI breakers, these outlets are intended to prevent electrical fires that can be caused by an unintentional arcing condition that occurs in an electrical circuit. This arc-fault can create high heat, which can start a fire with materials like wood framing and insulation in the walls of your home or building.
These AFCI devices are easy to use. They also provide the ability to perform tests to make sure they are working properly, and they can alert you to miswired or problematic issues.
Signs Your Circuit Breaker Needs Repairs
When you notice an issue with your circuit breaker, it’s important to schedule an appointment with an electrician as soon as possible to keep your home and building safe. Call a professional if you notice the following symptoms:
- The circuit breaker frequently trips.
- The breakers are hot to the touch.
- There is a burning smell coming from the electrical panel.
- There are frayed wires visible in the breaker.
- There’s burnt metal.
- The breaker is making hissing or popping noises.
We understand that money may be tight right now at your home or business. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers. Call us to learn more!
How to Properly Maintain Your Standby Generator
You don’t want to find out your whole house generator isn’t working in the middle of a power outage. Instead, it’s important to keep it properly maintained throughout the year so it works when you need it most. You can keep your unit functioning by performing these tasks:
- Keep the area around the generator clean. This includes removing leaves, grass and other debris from around the unit.
- Check the oil level regularly, at least once a month. It should also be changed after the unit has run for a significant amount of time.
- Change the oil and filter about every two years, or after about 200 hours of operation.
- Change the air filter about once a year.
- Run the unit without producing electrical power for about 10 to 15 minutes about once a week.
- Schedule a tune-up with an electrician to have him or her change the spark plugs, check the valves and inspect other components.