When the summer heat hits, you want to ensure you are comfortable in your home. If your air conditioner is malfunctioning, get it repaired as soon as possible to avoid having to endure hot and sticky temperatures in your property. Call Premier Service Company, Inc. for AC repairs. We offer 24-hour cooling and heating services to the Moundville, AL area.
HVAC breakdowns can happen at any time. If your heating or cooling system malfunctions when money is tight, ask us about our financing options.
Benefits of Regular Professional AC Maintenance
You don’t want to get caught with a malfunctioning air conditioner when the summer heat hits. To ensure your unit works when you need it most, it’s important to have it maintained by a professional at least once a year. Some benefits of regular tune-ups can include:
- The unit will keep running efficiently and economically.
- It will remain in good working condition throughout the season.
- It will provide your home or building with maximum climate control throughout the summer.
- The unit will provide proper air quality.
- It will help keep your property and family safe by catching issues with the unit.
- The contractor will identify small problems before they become larger.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Replaced
When winter’s chilly temperatures arrive, you need a functioning heater to keep you comfortable in your home or building. If your unit needs to be replaced, it’s important to do it before it fails completely. Some signs that can indicate you need to install a new system can include:
- If the unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Needs frequent repairs. If the existing unit needs multiple – or costly – repairs.
- Increasing utility bills. If your energy bills are going up without a change in usage.
- Cracked heat exchanger. This is a serious issue, as it can lead to a dangerous carbon monoxide leak.
- Loss of efficiency. If your unit cannot properly heat your property to its desired temperature.
- Uneven heating. If your unit provides inconsistent heating, leaving hot and cold spots.
We offer superb heating and cooling services to the Moundville area. But don’t take our word for it – read our customers’ testimonials.
How to Properly Maintain Your Furnace
To ensure your furnace works when you need it most, it’s important to keep it properly maintained all year. Some maintenance tasks you should perform can include:
- Schedule a yearly tune-up with a heating contractor. This will allow the professional to identify smaller issues before they become larger.
- Replace the filters regularly, at least every three months. This will help remove dust, pet dander and other particles that build up in the unit.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector and have it inspected regularly by a professional.
- Examine the furnace ducts to make sure they’re sealed properly and aren’t leaking air.
- Inspect the blower to make sure it is functioning as expected.
- Check the inside of the furnace to look for defects like rust and holes.
- Clean the burners with water to remove debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot brush with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” on the furnace to prevent overheating.
- Clean the area around the unit to ensure it’s safe and accessible.