Don’t get stuck in the heat this summer with a malfunctioning AC unit. Instead, be proactive in scheduling routine maintenance and repairs on your air conditioner. Call the experienced contractors at Premier Service Company, Inc. for all of your cooling and heating needs. We offer 24-hour emergency services to the Fosters, AL area.
We offer complete heating and cooling services to the Fosters, AL area, including:
- Heater repairs
- Heater installations
- Heat pump services
- Furnace repairs
- Furnace installations
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioning installations
- Ductless mini split AC systems
- Filter replacement
- Evaporator coil services
Your HVAC repairs might not sync up with your pay schedule. Don’t worry! Just ask us about our financing options.
What to Expect During an Air Conditioner Tune-Up?
To keep your air conditioner running as expected during the heat of summer, it’s important to keep it properly maintained throughout the year. Scheduling an annual tune-up can help your unit function as expected. When an AC contractor arrives at your home or building, you can expect him or her to perform the following routine tasks:
- Check the refrigerant to ensure it has the right amount.
- Look for refrigerant leaks.
- Inspect the air ducts for excessive debris and potential leaks.
- Ensure the proper amount of air is flowing through your evaporator coil.
- Check the evaporator coil for any other issues that should be repaired.
- Make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals and apply a non-conductive coating, if needed.
- Apply oil to the motors as needed.
- Examine the belts and inspect all other working components.
- Check the thermostat to ensure it’s working properly.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Replaced
You don’t want to find out in the middle of a chilly winter that your heater needs to be replaced. Instead, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate you need a new unit so you can install a new system before the existing one fails completely. Some signs to watch for can include:
- If your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- If the unit needs multiple repairs.
- The utility bills increase without a change in usage.
- The heat exchanger is cracked, which can lead to a dangerous carbon monoxide leak.
- The unit isn’t as efficient as it used to be.
- The system fails to properly heat your home.
A family-owned company, we have the experience and dedication to get your HVAC job done quickly and accurately. Read our reviews to learn more about our superb services.
Common Furnace Problems That Require Repairs
When your furnace needs repairs you should schedule an appointment with a heating contractor at the first signs of an issue. Some common problems that can require repairs include:
- Issues caused by a lack of regular maintenance on the unit.
- Clogged filters due to not replacing them as often as recommended. The debris, dust and dirt can put added strain on your system and lead to poor indoor air quality.
- Wear and tear that leads to a loss of efficiency.
- Thermostat that fails to keep the property at the desired temperature.
- Disrupted airflow that can cause the unit to overheat.
- Cracks in the unit that can lead to an extremely dangerous situation, like a carbon monoxide leak.