Pools and hot tubs can provide fun and relaxation for your whole family. When there is an issue with the wiring, keep your loved ones safe by hiring experienced electricians to install or replace it. Call Premier Service Company, Inc. for pool and hot tub wiring installations in Tuscaloosa, AL.
Keep your house safe by scheduling a whole house safety inspection. Call us to schedule an appointment!
Common Wiring Issues You May Experience With Your Hot Tub
When you have issues with the wiring in your hot tub it’s important to call a professional as soon as possible to repair the problems before they pose safety risks to you or your family. Call an electrician at the first signs of any of these common wiring problems:
- Wiring short: This can occur when two wires that aren’t supposed to be touching are. This can also happen when a hot wire touches a ground wire. These lead to power surges and can cause your breaker to trip.
- Burned wires: This can be the result of a short in the wiring, old wiring or hot components. An electrician may look into the breaker box to check for wires with melted insulation or burned spots.
- Loose connectors: If wiring connections become loose the electrical circuit can be interrupted and can cause the GFCI breaker to trip. An electrician can inspect the connections and repair them as needed.
Benefits of Installing Pool Accent Lights
Accent lights in or around your pool can help improve safety and increase the ambiance. These lights can focus on the pool itself, or can also be shone on features around the pool like a waterfall or stone wall. Some types of accent lights that can work well in or around a pool can include floodlights, torchiere lamps, and wall sconces.
Don’t lose power during the next blackout. Learn about our whole house generator services!
Advantages of Pool Security Lights
While pools can provide a place for your family to have fun and cool off in the summer months, they can also pose safety risks if proper steps are not taken. To prevent accidents like tripping or falling around the pool, have an electrician install pool security lights. Placing these in high-risk areas like on stairs and along pool edges can make the areas more visible to deter intruders and keep your family and visitors safe.
Two types of lighting that may increase safety are:
- Path lights: Placing these around the pool edges and along walkways can make the areas more visible.
- Downlighting: Placed above the pool area in a tree or other high area, these create a soft light around the edges of the pool to enhance safety.