Water Filtration System Installation & Repair in Tuscaloosa
If you want the cleanest water in Tuscaloosa, call Premier Service Company, Inc. to get your water filtration system installed today.
Tuscaloosa, AL, has some of the best water in the state. However, there are still many contaminants in our water supply that can impact your health or reduce the lifespan of your pipes and appliances. Getting a filtration system from Premier Service Company, Inc. will ensure you get the highest-quality water possible.
Our team has over 25 years of experience and can ensure your water is not only clean but also delicious—you’ll never need to buy bottled water again.
Is your water also hard? We can install water softeners as well!
Get Cleaner Water with a Water Filtration System!
To understand which whole home water filtration system will work for you, you first need to understand how filtration works. There are three main types of contaminants in water: particulates, chemicals, and biologics.
- Particulates: Include sand, clay, and organic colloids, which tend to have no impact on human health but can impact water quality.
- Chemical contamination: Includes heavy metals, organic pollutants, and mycotoxins, which can negatively impact your health.
- Biological contamination: Includes bacteria, fungi, and other organic matter that can also impact your health.
Each type of home water filtration system will generally filter out two of the three types of contaminants, with high-end systems cleaning out all three.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
While you have a wide range of brands, sizes, and designs to choose from, the basic types of water filtration systems include:
- Charcoal filters: Are low cost and can remove some chemicals and most particles but are not so good at killing bacteria and germs.
- Reverse osmosis systems: Remove most biologics and chemicals, as well as particles.
- UV water filters: Kill germs but will leave particles and chemicals behind.
- Alkaline water ionizers: Shift the pH of water, killing bacteria and germs.
- Water distillers Remove particles, chemicals, and biologics, but take a relatively long time to work.
The best option for your home will depend on what contaminates you’re hoping to remove and your budget.
Want to improve the quality of the air in your home too? Check out our indoor air quality services.
Common Issues with Whole Home Water Filtration Systems and How to Avoid Them
Even with the best water filtration system installation in Tuscaloosa, you need to maintain it to avoid problems. A common issue with carbon filtration systems is that they lose effectiveness over time, which is why you need to replace the carbon filter often.
Reverse osmosis systems also require regular maintenance. The pump that creates the negative pressure needs regular servicing, or it will lose power, slowing the entire system down. The osmotic membrane also needs replacing or cleaning to ensure peak performance.
If you’ve noticed that your whole home water filtration system is less effective or takes longer to process the same amount of water, it’s time to get in touch with Premier Service Company, Inc. for some regular maintenance.
While maintenance may seem like a waste of money, regular servicing can prevent small problems from developing into larger ones. By spending a little time today, you can save a lot of time and money in the future.