Humidifier Services in Tuscaloosa
Is your house too dry, especially in the winter months? You can resolve issues like dry skin and irritated sinuses by installing a humidifier. Call us for humidifier installation and repair services in Tuscaloosa, AL.
Do you suffer from dry skin, irritated sinuses, or bloody noses? These can be caused by having too dry of air in your home. To avoid these issues, you need to ensure you have a fully functioning humidifier. For AC humidifier installations and repairs, call Premier Service Company, Inc. A family-owned company, we’ve provided quality plumbing, heating, and cooling services to the Tuscaloosa, AL area since 1992.
When your air conditioner goes out in the middle of summer, don’t delay before getting repairs. Learn about our 24-hour emergency services.
Benefits of Installing a Humidifier in Your Home
Installing a humidifier in your home can have many advantages beyond just adding moisture to the air. Some of the other benefits can include:
- It increases interior comfort.
- It helps relieve irritated sinuses.
- It helps treat dry skin.
- It reduces excessive snoring.
- It prevents your throat from drying out.
- It reduces cracked lips and nose bleeds.
Common Problems With Humidifiers
From time to time your AC humidifier may need repairs. Some of the more common issues that can require professional repairs can include:
- It’s not producing the right amount of moisture required for your home. This can be due to either the sponge pad accumulating too many minerals or the unit not being level.
- The water inlet is clogged with minerals.
- The drain is blocked. This can cause leaks to occur along the line. This issue can be heightened due to high water pressure.
- The unit only starts if it’s set on a humidity level that’s higher than the current one in your home.
Do you have too much moisture in your home? Ask us about our dehumidifier services.
Required Maintenance for Humidifiers
To ensure your humidifier works properly when you need it most it’s important to keep it properly maintained. To keep it functioning, perform the following tasks:
- Check the water evaporator pad regularly. This can become clogged with mineral deposits and keep the humidifier from functioning as expected.
- Inspect the blower motor. The motors may need to be replaced by professionals if they break down.
- Examine the water inlet valve. This can become clogged or stuck, reducing the amount of water the humidifier has access to and limiting the amount of moisture it can produce.