Whether you own a large restaurant or a neighborhood cafe or bakery, you likely rely heavily on your cooler or freezer to keep food from spoiling. When these appliances malfunction, you need help fast before you lose inventory and money. Call Premier Service Company, Inc. for appointments in Tuscaloosa, AL. A family-owned business, we’ve provided service to the area since 1992.
Are there burn marks on your electrical outlets? Call us for wiring repair and replacement services.
Common Walk-In Cooler Problems
When you rely on your commercial business’ walk-in cooler to keep your restaurant or cafe running, you need to get all issues repaired as soon as possible. Some common problems you might encounter with your appliance can include:
- No power: Your unit can lose power if there is a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse to the appliance. It could also be something more serious like a wiring issue or a problem with the control board.
- Too high of temperature: If there’s too much food in the freezer or cooler, or if it’s used too often, it can cause the unit to be overloaded. Frost buildup on the evaporator can also cause the appliance to get too warm.
- Runs constantly: If the unit’s motor runs constantly it can indicate a leak that needs to be repaired.
- Ice buildup: If there is too much ice built-up on the air vent or evaporator coil, it can be a symptom of a larger underlying issue that needs to be inspected by a professional.
Benefits of Regular Cooler Maintenance
To keep your cooler -- and your business -- running as expected, it’s important to hire a professional to perform regular maintenance on the appliance. Some of the advantages of getting regular tune-ups can include:
- More efficiency: This allows electricians to perform regular maintenance on the coils and components to keep the appliance running.
- Identify potential problems: Professionals can identify potential problems before they become larger issues and possibly cause the unit to break down.
- Longer lifespan: Tune-ups can help extend the life expectancy of the unit, saving you money on the cost of replacing it.
Keep your business safe by installing updated smoke detectors. Contact us to learn about our installation services!
Signs Your Walk-In Cooler Needs to Be Replaced
To avoid an interruption in service at your restaurant, cafe, bakery or other business, you need to keep your cooler in good working condition. This makes it important to identify signs your appliance needs to be replaced as soon as possible before it totally malfunctions. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Wet floors and puddles: If you see moisture around the walk-in cooler, it can signal a small leak. This can lead to issues like mold and mildew.
- Odd odors: If you smell an odor similar to cleaning chemicals, it can signal a coolant or refrigerant leak.
- Change in temperature: If your cooler experiences inconsistent temperatures it can put your food at risk.
- Loud motor: A loud motor can indicate a problem with the appliance that needs to be inspected by a professional.