Is your household suffering from allergy and asthma symptoms? Is there an odor you just can’t seem to get rid of no matter how many candles you light? You can resolve these problems with an air cleaner or whole home air filtration system. For installations and repairs, call Premier Service Company, Inc. Serving Tuscaloosa, AL since 1992, we have an experienced staff and offer upfront pricing.
Is your air conditioner struggling to keep your home cool? Ask us about our air conditioning repair services.
Benefits of Installing an Air Cleaner
To keep your family safe and healthy, you want to ensure you have good indoor air quality. Install an air cleaner to improve the air and make your household more comfortable. Some of the benefits these units provide can include:
- Remove allergens from the air, reducing allergy symptoms for those in the household.
- Improve air quality for people with asthma, resulting in fewer symptoms at home.
- Decrease the amount of humidity in the house.
- Reduce odors for a cleaner smelling home.
- Decrease airborne bacteria and germs that can cause colds and flu.
Types of Air Cleaners
There are several types of air cleaners you can install in your home. Some options - and their benefits - can include:
- Whole-house systems: These provide consistent air quality control.
- Portable air purifier products: These are less expensive than whole-house systems, but they are not as powerful.
- Ozone generators: These clean your air while producing oxidation properties that safely control air pollutants.
When was the last time you replaced the filters in your HVAC systems? If you can’t remember, or if it’s been too long, contact us to learn about our filter replacement services.
Required Maintenance on Air Cleaners
To keep the air in your home healthy, you need to ensure your air cleaner is working properly to effectively remove debris and pollutants from the air in your property. You can keep your unit functioning by performing the following maintenance tasks regularly:
- Vacuum the unit and its exterior panel and grill to remove dust and debris.
- Change the HEPA filters every 3-6 months, or as recommended based on your type of household and the level of use.
- Have the unit professionally serviced at least once a year to perform a tune-up and identify minor issues.
- Change the bulbs in UV air purifiers as needed.